A. Usefulness of Hydrocarbons
1. Field of food
If you’ve talked usefulness of hydrocarbons in the field of food, the language is not a pure hydrocarbon anymore, but a little wider namely carbohydrates. Carbohydrates are compounds of carbon, hydrogen and oxygen are present in nature. Many carbohydrates have the empirical formula CH2O.
Types of carbohydrates
Monosaccharide is a carbohydrate the simplest that can not be hydrolyzed into smaller carbohydrate molecules again.
Glucose / sugar wine is widely available in fruits, corn, and honey.
There fructose together with glucose and sucrose in fruits and honey.
Galactose, the source can be obtained from the hydrolyzed lactose digestion through our food.
Disaccharide is a carbohydrate that is composed of two monosaccharides.
Maltose (glucose + glucose), can not be easily fermented by colonic bacteria, it is used in baby food, milk powder leavened bread (malted milk)
Lactose (glucose + galactose), found in cow’s milk and 5-8% in the mother’s milk.
Sucrose (glucose + fructose), sugar is normal. When heated to form invert sugar called caramel brown. Used for the manufacture of ice cream, soft drinks, and candy.
Polysaccharide is a carbohydrate composed of many monosaccharides. Usefulness of hydrocarbons on polysaccharides in food such as rice, starch, corn, etc..
2. For clothing
Of hydrocarbon material that could be used for clothing is PTA (purified terephthalic acid), which is made of para-xylene in which the material is essentially kerosene (kerosene). Kerosene is all of the material formed into aromatic compounds, ie para-xylene
Para-xylene is then oxidized using air into the PTA (see map above petrochemical process). Of PTA shaped like detergent powder is then reacted with methanol into polyester fibers. Ester poly fiber that is the synthetic yarn that looks like thread. Almost all uniforms sisters may wear made of polyester. To facilitate their identification can be seen from the price. Prices of clothing made of synthetic polyester yarns are usually relatively cheaper than clothing made from raw cotton, silk or other natural fibers. Fineness of material made from polyester fibers affected by additive (additive) in the process of making yarn (when reacting with methanol PTA). Actually, there are others who also dibunakan polymers for the manufacture of synthetic fibers finer or softer again. Eg fiber content material for sanitary napkins. The polymer is made of polyethylene.
3. Field board
Building materials derived from hydrocarbons in general the form of plastic. Plastic base material similar to LPG, which is a polymer of propylene, the olefin compound / alkenes of carbon chains C3. Of plastic material is then so wide, ranging from the roof of the house (plastic tiles), furniture, interior equipment, bumper car, tables, chairs, plates, etc..
4. The arts
For matters of art, especially painting, the main role of hydrocarbons exist in the ink / oil paint and solvent. Maybe the brothers knew thinner used to thin the paint. Temporal affairs sculpture for many of the sculptures are made from plastic or trophies, etc.. Hydrocarbon solvents used for paints made of Low Aromatic White Spirit is a solvent or LAWS resulting from Pertamina refinery in Plaju with a boiling point range between 145o C – 195o C. LAWS hidrokarbonyang form solvent compound is a mixture of paraffin, cycloparaffins, and aromatic hydrocarbons.
1. Usability and composition of hydrocarbons in everyday life can be grouped in the field of food, clothing, housing, commerce, art, and aesthetics.
2. Example of the usefulness of hydrocarbons in the field of food that is in the carb.
3. Example of the usefulness of hydrocarbons in the field of clothing is PTA (purified terephthalic acid), which is made of para-xylene in which the material is essentially kerosene (kerosene).
4. Example of the usefulness of hydrocarbons in the field of the board is a polymer of propylene, the olefin compound / alkenes of carbon chains C3.
5. Example of the usefulness of hydrocarbons in the arts: the main role of hydrocarbons exist in the ink / oil paint and solvent.
6. Example of the usefulness of hydrocarbons in the field of aesthetics, among others: lipstick, waxing (hair removal using a foot candle) and other ingredients mixing cosmetic, pharmaceutical or shoe polish.
7. Petrochemical industry is the result of material-based oil and natural gas. Some examples are the petrochemical plastics, deterge, and artificial rubber.
8. Petrochemical basic materials can be olefins, and aromatic sy-gas.
Hydrocarbons: Compounds composed of carbon and hydrogen atoms of carbon atoms.
Carbohydrates: A compound of carbon, hydrogen and oxygen are found in nature that has the empirical formula CH2O.
Petrochemical industries: petrochemical industry is an industry that materials derived from the fuel industry, da petroleum gas (natural gas).
Olefin: The basic ingredients are the most important petrochemicals like ethylene (ethene), propylene (propene), butylene (butene), and butadiene.
Aromatic: Benzene and turunanya example benzene (C6H6), toluene (C6H5CH3), and xylene (C6H4 (CH3) 2)
Synthetic gas: A mixture of carbon monoxide (CO) and hydrogen (H2)