1. Avocado Healthy BenefitsDo not misinterpret the fat contained in avocado fruit. Avocado fat included in the monounsaturated fat group so it will not make your belly fat. Avocados can actually lower cholesterol.
The researchers found that replacing only 5 percent of calories from saturated fat (butter or cheese) with monounsaturated fats (avocados) can cut risk of heart attack more than a third.
Other additional benefits, avocados are also high in beta-sitosterol, a plant sterols inhibit cholesterol absorption from food, acting as an anticancer compound (glutatin) and powerful antioxidants.
2. Beans/Peanuts Healthy BenefitsPeanuts is actually good for your heart because beans can absorb cholesterol that the body can get rid of before it sticks to artery walls. The study found that a diet high in soluble fiber can reduce total cholesterol by 10-15 per cent.
A recent study even showed that foods derived from grains included in the top group with the highest antioxidant level category.
3. blueberries Healthy BenefitsThe content of antioxidant compounds in blueberries called anthocyanin flavonoids or better known works ward off heart disease, cancer and age-related blindness and memory loss.
Just like their cousin the cranberry, blueberry shown to prevent urinary tract infections, thanks epicatechins antioxidant, which keeps bacteria sticking to the bladder wall. In fact, the fiber in blueberries potent in warding off constipation.
4. broccoli Healthy BenefitsBroccoli is a cancer-fighting foods, thanks to the presence of sulfur compounds, such as sulforaphane. Eating more broccoli can cut a person’s risk of breast cancer, lung cancer, and colon cancer. Sulforaphane has also been proven to be effective to kill the bacteria that causes ulcers.
Broccoli is also the best source of calcium and potassium, so good for bones and regulate your blood pressure. Vitamin C and beta-carotene can also protect your eyes from cataracts and keep brain cells from free radical attack.
5. Dark Chocolate Healthy BenefitsDark chocolate contains a large number of flavonoids, an antioxidant. In fact, the content of flavonoids in dark chocolate more than any other food.
The study found that antioxidants can increase blood pressure, prevent blood clotting, slow the oxidation of LDL cholesterol, and reduce inflammation. Several studies have shown that eating 45 grams (1.5 ounces) per day may reduce the risk of heart attack by 10 percent. Eating dark chocolate dark can also reduce insulin resistance, the main problem behind diabetes.
6. flaxseed Healthy BenefitsFlax seed works just like the hormone estrogen in the body, blocking estrogen receptors on cells and contribute to related decrease in levels of certain hormones associated with cancers, such as breast cancer.
Flaxseed is also a fantastic source of alpha-linolenic acid (ALA), an essential fatty acid that the body uses to make omega-3 fatty acids. ALA serves thin the blood and reduce the risk of heart attack and stroke.
7. Garlic Healthy Benefits Garlic has antibacterial, antifungal, and antiviral properties as, potentially even to drive some antibiotic-resistant bacteria.
Although only a little lower cholesterol, these herbs also act as a blood thinner, reducing the formation of blood clots, heart attack and stroke risk.
Take at least six or more cloves of garlic a week can cut the risk of colorectal cancer, gastric, and prostate cancer than to eat one clove per week
8. Spinach Healthy BenefitsBesides functioning in protecting your eyes from macular degeneration (vision acuity reduction), the carotenoid content in spinach can also help maintain bone density and prevent the risk of fractures.
All sorts of green vegetables are rich sources of potassium and magnesium and folate, all of which function in maintaining blood pressure and reduce the risk of stroke. Folate also contribute in cutting the risk of lung cancer for ex-smokers.
9. Yogurt Healthy BenefitsYogurt is a food source that plays an important role in bone development. However, the real power lies in the good bacteria, known as probiotics, which continues to suppress the growth of harmful bacteria in your intestines.
Too many bacteria are “bad” can cause gastrointestinal and other health problems. Eating yogurt can help treat inflammation (inflammatory) bowel, ulcers, urinary tract infections and vaginal yeast infections.